Want to Invest in Your Website? 6 Questions to Ask
April 1, 2015 inbound marketing putney / inbound marketing strategies / invest in your website / mobile friendly websites / professional website designers in Putney / why do inbound marketing / why update my website
So, it’s time to invest in your website, it can feel overwhelming with all the new lingo, what’s the next big thing in a constantly changing and evolving world. It wasn’t that long ago that we could have imagined we’d be using our telephones to browse, send emails, use it as a sat nav. Not to mention being constantly in contact with the world using social media.
Often the question of “How much will it cost?” crops up, but think about these points below to understand the value of investing in your website:
- What would it cost for you to employee someone specifically to do the job?
- Do you have the experience, skills and time to do it yourself?
- What are your competitors doing – would a prospective client think your website really differentiates your services, products, experience?
- Are you looking to your website to generate leads? What is the value you place on these leads, do you know the techniques to implement that attract leads?
- Do you want to retain your existing clients by providing a modern and professional website?
Last but certainly not least…
- What is the cost of inaction and leaving your website as it is? If you did nothing to update your site or digital marketing, what would that mean to your business?
It’s an interesting point as it feels like the reverse of how we usually think and it’s worth stopping to evaluate the impact of doing nothing.
If you have a sneaky feeling that your website or digital marketing isn’t really cutting the mustard any more or you need to up date, use the questions above to consider the value of investing in a professional website.
The time is fast approaching (if not already) where if your site isn’t responsive or mobile friendly, it will look sadly outdated and there isn’t a second chance – if a visitor can’t read your well crafted content, they won’t wait until they can read it on a larger screen. They’ll have moved on.
The internet is a crowded place and it’s no longer enough to just have a website and hope that it acts like a marketing and sales employee without doing anything with it – it’s going to get lost. Employing SEO, inbound marketing and content techniques will stand you in good stead for your organic search.
TPG Design are a professional, knowledgeable web design and inbound marketing agency. This year is our 13th anniversary! If you need a team who understands the value of investing in your professional website get in touch.
T: 0208 780 9754